Contact Us

Contact us today to discuss our competitive rates and FREE estimates for domestic and commercial projects.

Office: 01620 843 804
Mobile: 07899 916 953

VC Electrical Contractors Ltd
15 Muirfield Station 
EH31 2HY

Name *

15 Muirfield Station
Gullane, EH31
United Kingdom

01620 843 804


Read our range of topical monthly blogs providing you with top tips and best practice from our professional and experienced electrical team.

Are you a landlord needing electrical work undertaken?

Website Editor

If you’re a landlord needing electrical services undertaken on any of your properties, we’ve some guidance for you in today’s post. We understand the pressures and demands on you as a landlord, and we work hard to make sure your experience with us is as enjoyable and as simple as possible. Our electricians in Edinburgh can provide you with seamless and efficient landlord electrical service, so you can get on with the day to day running of your properties.

Time constraints, backlogs and customer satisfaction

Time constraints often mean that much needed electrical work is placed on the back burner, and there could be a build-up where several properties require work at once. What we offer as a team of experienced, trained and qualified electricians is quality workmanship combined with excellent service, resulting in customer satisfaction and a happy outcome for you and your tenants. 

VC Electrical provides a wide range of quality services

We provide general electrical maintenance, emergency work, rewiring, home improvements, smoke, heat and carbon monoxide alarms, and both EICR and PAT testing, a stipulated legal requirement for all tenant occupied properties. 

Don’t let this be something you neglect

The importance of a landlord certificate cannot be underestimated. If your property already has an EICR, or electrical installation condition report then you won’t need to replace it for a period of 5 years. If it’s a new property, then you could have an Electrical Installation Certificate for 2 years, before getting it renewed. Portable Appliance Tests (PAT) are required to determine the safety of all your appliances - the ones you’ve supplied as landlord - and the details of this can accompany your EICR on the wiring and satisfactory completion of fuse box testing. 

What can happen if you don’t carry out the necessary tests

Well, if there’s an incident caused by an electrical fire, then you’ll need to prove, as the landlord and owner of the property, that you carried out your full responsibilities to the letter. Any tests which have been carried out will need to have been done by a competent and fully qualified electrician. 

Do you have proof that you used a qualified electrician?

You’ll need to provide proof that the person who carried out the tests and provided you with a certificate was qualified to carry out the work in the first place. It’s important therefore, that you choose wisely when you’re looking for an electrician to carry out this type of specialised work. You could face a heavy fine if you’ve not played your part in hiring someone qualified.

VC Electrical – for reliable landlord services delivered by qualified and registered electricians

If you’re looking to have your rented properties tested for safety as part of your duties as a landlord – then do so, without delay, as you could face a hefty fine or even imprisonment if you don’t. Don’t let it happen to you, give us a call or get in touch online - the sooner you do, the sooner you can get those relevant tests concluded.